Kaziranga Shillong Guwahati – 5 Nights / 6 Days
Pay full payment to get attractive Cashback.
- Reviews (0)
Guwahati formerly known as Pragjyotishpura and Durjaya in ancient Assam (Kamrup) and Gauhati in the modern era — is an ancient urban area and largest city of Assam and northeastern India. It is one of the fastest developing cities in India and is a major city in Eastern India and often referred as “gateway” of North Eastern Region of the country.
Shillong is the capital of Meghalaya, one of the smallest states in India and home to the Khasis. It is the headquarters of the East Khasi Hills district and is situated at an average altitude of 4,908 feet (1,496 m) above sea level, with the highest point being Shillong Peak at 6,449 feet (1,966 m). Shillong is the 330th most populous city in India with population of 143,007 according to the 2011 census. It is said that the rolling hills around the town reminded the European settlers of Scotland. Hence, Shillong is known as “Scotland of the East.” The population density of the state of Meghalaya in the current decade is 342 people per sq mile.
Kaziranga National Park is a national park in the Golaghat and Nagaon districts of the state of Assam, India. A World Heritage Site, the park hosts two-thirds of the world’s Great One-horned Rhinoceroses. Kaziranga boasts the highest density of tigers among protected areas in the world and was declared a Tiger Reserve in 2006. The park is home to large breeding populations of elephants, wild water buffalo, and swamp deer. Kaziranga is recognized as an Important Bird Area by Birdlife International for conservation of avifaunal species.
Cherrapunji currently the historical name Sohra is more commonly used; alternative spellings are Cherrapunjee and Charrapunji), is a subdivisional town in the East Khasi Hills district in the Indian state of Meghalaya. It is credited as being the second wettest place on Earth. However, nearby Mawsynram currently holds that record. Though, it still holds the world record for the most rainfall in a calendar month and in a year. It received 9,300 mm (366 in) in July 1861 and 26,461 mm (1,041.75 in) between 1 August 1860 and 31 July 1861.
1.Accommodation on twin/triple Sharing Basis.
2.Breakfast in hotel.
3.Exclusive Non a/c vehicle in standard category and a/c vehicle in all other categories for transfers & sightseeing as per itinerary.
4.01 Elephant safari & 01 Jeep safari in Kaziranga Jungle
5.Parking & Toll taxes
6.All permit fees & hotel taxes (as per itinerary)
- Any other item not specified in Includes.
- Expenses of personal nature such as tips, telephone calls, laundry, liquor etc.
- Government service tax
- Any Cost Arising Due To Natural Calamities Like Landslides, Roadblocks, Etc.
- Any Increase In Taxes Or Fuel Leading To An Increase In Surface Transport.
- Entrance fees during sightseeing.
DAY 1: GUWAHATI – SHILLONG (100 KM / 3 HRS)
Welcome on arrival in Guwahati & transfer to Shillong. Enroute visit Borapani Lake. Umiam Lake or Barapani – is the biggest artificial lake in Meghalaya. It offers an incredible experience of sailing, water skiing, water scooter & other water sports activities in midst of sylvan hills adorned by Khasi pines & peerless beauty. Enjoy water activities in Barapani lake (activities at additional expenses). Overnight in Shillong.
DAY 2: SHILLONG – CHERRAPUNJEE – SHILLONG (60 km / 1.5 HRS / ONEWAY)
After early breakfast proceed to Cherrapunjee. Enjoy a pleasant drive to see water falls & gorges. Cherrapunjee – The wettest place on Earth offers roaring water falls, limestone caves, living root bridge, & galore of water & adventure activities. Witness the gorgeous Seven Sisters falls & visit the Mawsmai cave & Thangkharang Park. Return to Shillong. Enroute visit at Shillong Peak. Overnight in Shillong.
DAY 3: SHILLONG – KAZIRANGA
Take a half day city tour of Shillong. Shillong – The ‘Gleneagle of the East’ lies in the centre of a plateau surrounded by Khasi hills. The gorgeous city offers amazing tourist spots. The city’s own Ward’s Lake is popular for short garden walks & boating. The Botanical Garden offers plethora of indigenous and exotic plants & rare collection of orchids. Butterfly Museum is a storehouse of finest and rarest species of butterflies and moths. Lady Hydari Park is a Japanese style landscaped park endowed with streaches of roses & exquisite flowers. The Mini zoo adjacent to the park has about 73 birds, 140 reptiles & mammals. One of the largest Golf courses in Asia is an 18 hole Golf Course is charted amidst a surging valley full of thick pine groves & rhododendron trees. Spend the evening in the splendid arena ! The State Museum is a display of the lifestyle and heritage of the people of Meghalaya. Shillong and its surrounding is dotted with splendid waterfalls cascading down deep valleys forming misty sparks as they break the silence of the surroundings. Elephant Falls is a mountain stream gorging down two successive falls set in dells of fern covered rocks. Later drive to Kaziranga. Overnight in Kaziranga.
DAY 4: KAZIRANGA
Kaziranga National Park – The World Heritage Site is the oldest park in Assam & is located on the banks of the Brahmaputra River. Kaziranga National Park is a natural habitat for conservation of biologically diverse flora & fauna. It is inhabited by the world’s largest population of one-horned rhinoceroses besides sheltering about 15 species of India’s threatened mammals. There are numerous other major wildlife fauna. Morning enjoy Jeep Safari & Elephant Safari early morning at Kaziranga National Park. (Safari charges additional). Day free for leisure including tea garden visits. You may take additional safari in the afternoon. Transfer to Guwahati & afternoon sightseeing in Guwahati. Overnight in Guwahati. the afternoon. Overnight in Kaziranga
DAY 5: KAZIRANGA – GUWAHATI (220 km / 4 hours)
Transfer to Guwahati & sightseeing. Visit Srimanta Shankardev Kalakshetra, Guwahati Zoo, State museum & Emporiums for local ethnic products. Overnight in Guwahati.
DAY 6: DEPARTURE
Morning take a temple tour to Maa Kamakhya Temple, Nabagraha Temple, Sukleshwar Temple. Visit Emporiums for local ethnic products. In time transfer for onward journey.
- All rates mentioned above are a strictly for quotation purposes only
- No booking is at this stage. Vehicles/Rooms & Rates are subjected to availability upon confirmation.
- Any special request such as (room next to each other, connecting rooms, room on the same floor, 1 king size / 1 double bed, floor covering of any description, early check in, non smoking room, etc. ) is subject to availability on first come first serve basis up on your arrival at the hotel and it is totally discretionary and up to the hotel to assign.
- Midnight surcharge will be imposed for all pick ups between 2200hrs – 0700hrs
- Unutilized services are not refundable
- Cancellation based on HTT Norms: – Click here To See
- The Rates are subject to change in case of any hike in the price of fuel, Govt. Service Tax and other levies the same will correspondingly increase our tariff with immediate effect.
- Any Additional expenses incurred due to Coach / Train / Flight Cancel or Delay, natural disaster, Political actions and similar; must be borne by the tourists.
- All tours and transfers are included and are on SIC basis – Shared Coach
- Tips to driver and guides locally
- STANDARD CHECK IN: 1400-1600HRS (ALL HOTELS) & STANDARD CHECK OUT: 1200HRS (ALL HOTELS)