- Reviews (0)
Munnar is a town and hill station in the southwestern state of Kerala, India. Munnar is situated around 1600 m above sea level, in the Western Ghats range of mountains.
The name Munnar is believed to mean “three rivers”, referring to the location at the confluence of the Madhurapuzha, Nallathanni and Kundaly rivers. Munnar town is situated on the Kannan Devan Hills village in Devikulam taluk and is the largest panchayat in the Idukki district in Kerala having an area measuring nearly 557 km². The nearest major railway stations are at Ernakulam and Aluva (approximately 140 kilometres (87 mi) by road). The nearest airport is Cochin International Airport, which is 105 kilometres (65 mi) away.
1.Accommodation – Double sharing room in hotels..
2.Breakfast & Dinner
3.A/c Cab for all surface transfers & sightseeing as per itinerary.
4.All Expenses related to Vehicle included
- Any other item not specified in Includes.
- Expenses of personal nature such as tips, telephone calls, laundry, liquor etc.
- Government service tax
- Any Cost Arising Due To Natural Calamities Like Landslides, Roadblocks, Etc.
- Any Increase In Taxes Or Fuel Leading To An Increase In Surface Transport.
- Entrance fees during sightseeing.
Day 1 Salem-Munnar
On arrival at Salem Railway station, our executive will welcome you and assist your transfer to Munnar by road (130 Kms). Munnar is a picturesque hill station situated in the eastern part of Kerala; lush green-carpeted tea and coffee plantations surround it. The beautiful landscapes, cozy weather, and the smell of tea leaves make Munnar one of the most sought-after destinations in South India. Check in to your hotel by noon. In the evening walk around Munnar town at leisure.
Overnight stay at Munnar.
Day 2 Munnar
Today after breakfast, visit the Mattupetty Dam. Mattupetty has an artificial lake built by a small hydroelectric project. Proceed to Kundala Lake – a natural lake with recreational facilities like boating and having an excellent view of the Western Ghats as well as the surrounding forests. Also visit Echo point and tea plantations. In the afternoon you can visit Eravikulam National park, where the endangered Nilgiri Tahr is conserved. Later drive back to your resort for an overnight stay.
Day 3 Munnar-Thekkady
Today after breakfast check out of your hotel and drive towards Thekkady, the Wildlife destination of Kerala. It is also known as the spice bag of the state. You can enjoy a beautiful journey through the hills and valleys of the Western Ghats to reach this jungle destination. Check into your hotel and later go for an optional Kathakali show, Spice plantation visit, elephant ride or an Ayurvedic massage treatment. Also have an amazing boat ride in Periyar Lake which flows through the Periyar tiger reserve. You will have chance to watch the wild animals like elephant, bison, Sambar deer etc who roam on both shores. Overnight stay at Thekkady.
Day 4 Thekkady-Salem
Today after breakfast check out of the resort for the drive to onward journey.
- All rates mentioned above are a strictly for quotation purposes only
- No booking is at this stage. Vehicles/Rooms & Rates are subjected to availability upon confirmation.
- Any special request such as (room next to each other, connecting rooms, room on the same floor, 1 king size / 1 double bed, floor covering of any description, early check in, non smoking room, etc. ) is subject to availability on first come first serve basis up on your arrival at the hotel and it is totally discretionary and up to the hotel to assign.
- Midnight surcharge will be imposed for all pick ups between 2200hrs – 0700hrs
- Unutilized services are not refundable
- Cancellation based on HTT Norms: – Click here To See
- The Rates are subject to change in case of any hike in the price of fuel, Govt. Service Tax and other levies the same will correspondingly increase our tariff with immediate effect.
- Any Additional expenses incurred due to Coach / Train / Flight Cancel or Delay, natural disaster, Political actions and similar; must be borne by the tourists.
- All tours and transfers are included and are on SIC basis – Shared Coach
- Tips to driver and guides locally
- STANDARD CHECK IN: 1400-1600HRS (ALL HOTELS) & STANDARD CHECK OUT: 1200HRS (ALL HOTELS)