- Reviews (0)
Munnar is a town and hill station in the southwestern state of Kerala, India. Munnar is situated around 1600 m above sea level, in the Western Ghats range of mountains.
The name Munnar is believed to mean “three rivers”, referring to the location at the confluence of the Madhurapuzha, Nallathanni and Kundaly rivers. Munnar town is situated on the Kannan Devan Hills village in Devikulam taluk and is the largest panchayat in the Idukki district in Kerala having an area measuring nearly 557 km². The nearest major railway stations are at Ernakulam and Aluva (approximately 140 kilometres (87 mi) by road). The nearest airport is Cochin International Airport, which is 105 kilometres (65 mi) away.
Thekkady is located about 257 km (160 mi) from Trivandrum, 114 km from Madurai City and Madurai Airport, 145 km from Cochin International Airport and 114 km from Kottayam railway station. Thekkady is located near to Kerala-Tamil Nadu border. The sanctuary is famous for its dense evergreen, semi-evergreen, moist deciduous forests and savanna grass lands. It is home to herds of elephants, sambar, tigers, gaur, lion-tailed macaques and Nilgiri langurs. The Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary is spread across 777 km2 (300 sq mi), of which 360 km2 (140 sq mi) is thick evergreen forest. The wildlife sanctuary was declared a tiger reserve in 1978. The splendid artificial lake formed by the Mullaperiyar Dam across the Periyar River adds to the charm of the park. The greatest attractions of Periyar are the herds of wild elephants, deer and bison that come down to drink in the lake. The sanctuary can be accessed through a trekking, boating or jeep safari.
- 01 Night stay in Thekkady at above mentioned Star Hotels/Resort
- 01 Nights stay in Munnar at above mentioned Star Hotels/Resort
- 01 Night stay in Alleppey Deluxe House Boat with delicious Kerala food
- Twin/Double standard/deluxe rooms in each destination
- 03 Breakfasts, 01 Lunch & 03 Dinners as per Itinerary
- All applicable hotel taxes & service charges (except GST)
- Any other item not specified in Includes.
- Expenses of personal nature such as tips, telephone calls, laundry, liquor etc.
- Government service tax
- Any Cost Arising Due To Natural Calamities Like Landslides, Roadblocks, Etc.
- Any Increase In Taxes Or Fuel Leading To An Increase In Surface Transport.
- Entrance fees during sightseeing.
Day 1: Thekkady
Arrive at Thekkady hotel for check in. After refreshment move to Periyar national park and wild life sanctuary and drive back to your hotel/resort. Overnight stay at Thekkady hotel
Hotels in Thekkady: Hotel Ambadi / Tranquil Greens / Similar
Day 2: Thekkady – Munnar
Today after breakfast check out and arrive to Munnar. Munnar is a picturesque hill station situated in the eastern part of Kerala; lush green -carpeted tea and coffee plantations surround it. The beautiful landscapes, cozy weather, and the smell of tea leaves make Munnar one of the most sought-after destinations in South India. Check in to your hotel by afternoon. Then drive to Munnar sightseeing based on your timing and return back to your hotel/resort. Overnight stay at Munnar hotel
Hotels in Munnar: Misty Mountain Resort / Westwood Riverside Garden Resort / Similar
Day 3: Munnar – Alleppey
Today after breakfast check out and arrive to Alleppey boat house at 12 noon to check in. Today enjoy boat house activities in Kerala backwaters with Lunch & Dinner. Overnight stay at Boat House
House boat: Deluxe boat house
Day 4: Alleppey
Today after breakfast check out at 9 AM and drive back to Home. On the way sightseeing/Shopping based on your timing timings. Tour Ends.
- All rates mentioned above are a strictly for quotation purposes only
- No booking is at this stage. Vehicles/Rooms & Rates are subjected to availability upon confirmation.
- Any special request such as (room next to each other, connecting rooms, room on the same floor, 1 king size / 1 double bed, floor covering of any description, early check in, non smoking room, etc. ) is subject to availability on first come first serve basis up on your arrival at the hotel and it is totally discretionary and up to the hotel to assign.
- Midnight surcharge will be imposed for all pick ups between 2200hrs – 0700hrs
- Unutilized services are not refundable
- Cancellation based on HTT Norms: – Click here To See
- The Rates are subject to change in case of any hike in the price of fuel, Govt. Service Tax and other levies the same will correspondingly increase our tariff with immediate effect.
- Any Additional expenses incurred due to Coach / Train / Flight Cancel or Delay, natural disaster, Political actions and similar; must be borne by the tourists.
- All tours and transfers are included and are on SIC basis – Shared Coach
- Tips to driver and guides locally
- STANDARD CHECK IN: 1400-1600HRS (ALL HOTELS) & STANDARD CHECK OUT: 1200HRS (ALL HOTELS)